Dikshit did not influence decision on CWG contract: OfficialAugust 4th, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) In the wake of a leaked Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report indicting Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of irregularities in award of contracts for the Commonwealth Games, state Chief Secretary P.K. Tripathi Thursday said she had not influenced the decision to give the contract to lift debris from the city to a particular company.
Ecosmart, a division of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS;), was given the contract to lift debris from the city during the preparation of the Commonwealth Games.
“This was the only company which was capable of lifting all the debris from the entire city and the decision was taken because the honour of the country was at stake,” Tripathi said.
“It is baseless that Sheila Dikshit gave the direction to give the contract to this company. Whatever decision had been taken in the administration was right. This company was already working in three zones of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD),” he added.
Besides lifting debris from the city, Ecosmart also has the specialisation to recycle waste material, Tripathi said.
Replying to allegations that Dikshit’s relatives were in the company, he said: “Her relative was not part of the board of directors which is the decision-making part of the company.”
- Dikshit did not influence CWG contract: Official (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Dikshit did not influence CWG contract: Official (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- CAG has not indicted Dikshit, says Delhi minister - Aug 08, 2011
- Deadline that no one took seriously - Aug 09, 2010
- CWG were a success despite hurdles: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2011
- Let them do what they want: Dikshit - Aug 08, 2011
- Dikshit cornered over CWG, opposition demands her resignation - Aug 03, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit denies to comment on CAG report - Aug 03, 2011
- Nothing to hide in CWG: Delhi government (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Not exceeded brief in preparing CWG report: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- Dikshit to brief lawmakers on CAG report - Aug 10, 2011
- No indictment of PMO or Dikshit, asserts government (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit calls emergency meeting - Aug 04, 2011
- Dikshit should resign immediately: Gadkari - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: allegations, board of directors, cag report, chief minister, chief secretary, commonwealth games, comptroller and auditor general, debris, entire city, honour, irregularities, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, sheila dikshit, specialisation, stake, state chief, tripathi, waste material