Dick Cheney In Hospital For Chest PainsFebruary 23rd, 2010 - 8:08 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Washington, Feb 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a recent development that has created a stir in the US political circle, Dick Cheney, the former US Vice-President has been admitted to hospital after developing chest pains. The incident took place yesterday. However, his condition is said to be normal now. According to the latest update, the 69 year old politician is recuperating at the George Washington University Hospital. The doctors are keeping a close watch on his health and they have kept him under special supervision. His medical record is the reason for keeping him under strict observation, according to the doctors. He has suffered from 4 cardiac attacks all through his life and the first attack occurred when he was just 37.
The doctors have not said that it could be a precursor to a heart attack but they are yet to find the exact cause. It has been decided that an angiogram will be conducted to probe the cause of the heart pain. He had to undergo two bypass surgeries in the 1980s. After that, two angioplasties were also conducted on him. Then in 2001, a special pacemaker was installed in his chest. He suffered from abnormal rhythm of heart called atrial fibrillation. After bidding adieu to the White House, he chose to maintain a low political profile. However, he locked horns with the Obama administration on certain issues.
His appearance at the recently held Conservative Political Action Conference was a surprise for many. He was asked to run for vice presidency but he made it clear that he was not interested in that.
- Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Hospitalized - Jun 26, 2010
- Former US vice president Cheney in hospital with chest pain - Feb 23, 2010
- Now, a technique to regularise abnormal heartbeats - Sep 09, 2012
- Dick Cheney Heart Attack Rated Mild By Doctors - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney Feeling Better, To Be Released From Hospital Soon - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
- Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- Dick Cheney suffers his 5th heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Cheney suffered mild heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- US ex-vice president gets heart device implant - Jul 15, 2010
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
- Dick Cheney Planted With 'Bridge To Transplant' - Jul 15, 2010
- Ex-US Vice-President Dick Cheney has pump placed in heart - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: abnormal rhythm, angiogram, angioplasties, bypass surgeries, chest pains, close watch, conservative political action conference, dick cheney, exact cause, fibrillation, george washington university, george washington university hospital, heart attack, heart pain, medical record, pacemaker, political profile, precursor, us vice president, vice presidency