Dick Cheney Heart Attack Rated Mild By DoctorsFebruary 24th, 2010 - 8:55 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Washington, Feb 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A few days back, Former US vice president Dick Cheney had to be hospitalized after he felt pain in his chest. He was rushed to a hospital in Washington thereafter. After performing a series of tests on him and keeping him under strict medical supervision, the doctors have declared the heart attack to be mild. His aide, Pewter Long has confirmed the news and according to the latest updates, the former Vice president is recuperating from the cardiac attack and his condition is said to be stable. It is also being expected that the doctors at George Washington University Hospital may discharge him by the end of the present week. Incidentally, this is the 5th time he suffered from a heart attack.
The 69 year old veteran politician earlier had a number of bypass surgery as well as artery-clearing angioplasties. Since the former vice president has a history of heart attacks, the doctors were very cautious when they got him admitted. However, he is responding well to the treatment and according to the doctors, he will recover fast. Dick Cheney recently locked horns with present Vice President Joe Biden over issues like Iran’s nuclear program, national security etc. Recently he was seen at the Conservative Political Action Conference where he rubbished the claims of his running for the post once more.
After the news of his heart attack and subsequent hospitalization was published, the prominent US politicians wished him speedy recovery including the Democrat leaders. After his hospitalization, the doctors performed a heart catheterization and a stress test on him.
- Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Hospitalized - Jun 26, 2010
- Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- Dick Cheney suffers his 5th heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Dick Cheney feeling better after getting hospital treatment - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney In Hospital For Chest Pains - Feb 23, 2010
- Dick Cheney Is Now Feeling Better: Liz Cheney - Jun 28, 2010
- US ex-vice president gets heart device implant - Jul 15, 2010
- Former US vice president Cheney in hospital with chest pain - Feb 23, 2010
- Dick Cheney claims in memoir that Colin Powell took cheap shots at him during Bush era - Aug 29, 2011
- Dick Cheney Feeling Better, To Be Released From Hospital Soon - Jun 28, 2010
- Dick Cheney Planted With 'Bridge To Transplant' - Jul 15, 2010
- Former U.S. VP Cheney hospitalized after minor heart attack - Feb 24, 2010
- Ex-US Vice-President Dick Cheney has pump placed in heart - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: angioplasties, bypass surgery, cardiac attack, conservative political action conference, democrat leaders, dick cheney, former vice president, george washington university, george washington university hospital, heart attack, heart attacks, heart catheterization, joe biden, medical supervision, president dick cheney, president joe, speedy recovery, stress test, veteran politician, vice president dick cheney