Dhumal reaches out to Mamata on vice presidential pollJuly 15th, 2012 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 15 (IANS) Senior BJP leader and Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has said that if the Trinamool Congress approaches his party to seek support for its vice presidential candidate, this will be considered.
“The NDA (National Democratic Alliance) will take a final call on its stand regarding the vice presidential poll. If Mamataji (Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee) approaches us (Bharatiya Janata Party), then we will consider it as she has been part of the NDA earlier. But she has to approach us first,” Dhumal said late Saturday.
He was in the city to attend a Himachal Tourism function.
The comment comes after incumbent Hamid Ansari was Saturday named by the ruling United Progressive Alliance as its vice presidential candidate.
The Trinamool did not concur with the choice.
Home Minister P. Chidambaram has described Ansari as the “unanimous” choice of the UPA though Trinamool leader Mukul Roy said his party had suggested the names of former West Bengal governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi and former member of parliament Krishna Bose for the post.
- PM calls Mamata to seek support for Ansari - Jul 15, 2012
- Decision on vice president later: Mamata - Jul 17, 2012
- UPA renominates Ansari for vice president; Trinamool does not concur (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Vice president poll: UPA renominates Ansari, BJP bracing for contest (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- NDA to finalise vice presidential nominee Monday - Jul 15, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- NDA names Jaswant as vice presidential candidate - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA choice for vice president (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Presidential fight finalised, focus shifts on Ansari's successor - Jun 23, 2012
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- Trinamool still silent on vice president - Jul 14, 2012
- Could not leave farmers for vice presidential poll: Sharad Yadav - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: bjp leader, bose, chief minister, final call, gandhi, hamid ansari, himachal tourism, home minister, krishna, mamata banerjee, member of parliament, national democratic alliance, p chidambaram, presidential candidate, presidential poll, progressive alliance, trinamool congress chief, unanimous choice, UPA, west bengal