Dhumal government tapping my phone: VirbhadraJune 2nd, 2008 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 2 (IANS) Former Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh Monday accused the state’s Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) government of tapping his phone and deploying spies to keep tabs on him. Intelligence personnel were deployed around his residences in Shimla and Rampur, the veteran Congress leader said, adding that some Crime Investigation Department (CID) officials were behind these moves to impress Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
“The BJP government did the same thing during its previous tenure in the state 1998-2003 and is repeating such activities again,” he said.
“The present government can not corner me by indulging in personal vendetta. I am ready to face any investigation,” he said.
Meanwhile, Singh also called for the appointment of a state Congress chief to strengthen the party.
“We should have a regular party chief instead of the one working on ad hoc basis,” he said.
Himachal Pradesh Congress chief Viplove Thakur had resigned after the party’s defeat in the Hamirpur assembly by-election recently. The party leadership asked her to continue till a new chief is appointed.
- Congress appoints Virbhadra campaign committee chief for Himachal elections - Jul 17, 2012
- Himachal Congress tries to put house in order (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 28, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Himachal BJP recommends names for Rajya Sabha - Mar 14, 2012
- Announce chief minister candidates early: Virbhadra - Apr 10, 2012
- Winning panchayat polls a priority: Himachal Congress chief - Oct 26, 2010
- Nadda elected to Rajya Sabha from Himachal - Mar 22, 2012
- Nothing to do with Virbhadra episode, says BJP - Jun 26, 2012
- Himachal may cancel land allotted to Tibetans: Dhumal - Feb 23, 2012
- Shutdown hits Himachal, chief minister walks to office (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Himachal Congress legislators knock on Sonia's door (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- No conspiracy against Virbhadra, asserts Dhumal - Sep 06, 2010
- Himachal government in league with land mafia: Congress - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: appointment, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, chief minister, cid officials, congress chief, congress leader, crime investigation department, department cid, himachal, party chief, party leadership, personal vendetta, present government, shimla, spies, state congress, tabs, tenure, thakur