Deshmukh still criticalAugust 8th, 2012 - 11:17 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 8 (IANS) Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, admitted to Global Hospital here, continues to be critical, a hospital official said Wednesday.
The minister’s family members would give an update on his health condition through the social media Facebook and Twitter, the official added.
“Deshmukh’s condition continues to be critical like it was yesterday (Tuesday). While his family has refused permission to us to issue a medical bulletin, they have said that the health condition would be announced through social media in due course of time,” the official told IANS on condition of anonymity.
Deshmukh, 67, is on ventilator and his condition continues to be critical, the official added.
Officials at Global Hospital said Deshmukh had a serious liver ailment and the option of a transplant would be looked at after his condition stabilises.
Liver specialist Mohammed Rela is attending to the former Maharashtra chief minister.
Deshmukh was brought to the hospital here Monday evening from Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai in an air ambulance.
From the Chennai airport, he was brought to Global Hospital. Deshmukh’s family members are with him.
Deshmukh, who had been complaining of abdominal pain for a while, was taken to Breach Candy Hospital last week for what was described as a routine check-up.
For the last few months, Deshmukh has been taking light assignments to avoid strain on account of his health condition, a Congress official said.
- Deshmukh critical, family forbids health bulletin (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Chennai doctors closely monitoring Deshmukh's condition - Aug 07, 2012
- Tamil Nadu governor visits Deshmukh - Aug 09, 2012
- Deshmukh died of cardiac failure: Doctor - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh remains critical (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh rushed to Chennai hospital (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chavan, ministers visit ailing Deshmukh - Aug 08, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh dies in Chennai hospital (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh passes away (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Two Sri Lankan families swap livers for transplant - Jun 07, 2011
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 15, 2012
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Intro Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Vilasrao's funeral at his village Wednesday - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: abdominal pain, air ambulance, anonymity, breach candy hospital, chennai airport, congress, family members, global hospital, health condition, liver ailment, liver specialist, maharashtra chief minister, medical bulletin, mohammed rela, mumbai, routine check, science and technology, technology minister, ventilator