Deshmukh answers Amar Singh, Lalu over MNS attacksNovember 2nd, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2 (IANS) Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh has hit out at United Progressive Alliance leaders from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar for criticising his government over its alleged inability to prevent the attacks on migrants.In an interview to the NDTV news channel aired Sunday night, Deshmukh rubbished Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh’s description of Maharashtra as a “banana republic”.
He said it was unfair on the part of the Congess’ allies in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh to criticise law and order in Maharashtra.
He said Amar Singh does not always speak the truth and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad must find out ground realities before making statements, according to a transcipt of the interview.
Deshmukh called Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, who is leading a campaign against people from outside Maharashtra settling down in the state, as a day dreamer.
“Somebody may dream anything. There are people who are daydreamers and he would be one of them,” Deshmukh said.
He admitted “there have been incidents” and said his government has taken strong action against the offenders. “This is not something that happened for the first time in the state,” he said.
On the demands for his resignation, Deshmukh said there was no question of him quitting. He said if he were to resign, it would mean running away from his duties.
- Vilasrao should resign: Maharashtra opposition - Apr 05, 2012
- President condoles Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Ghai land allotment row: BJP says Deshmukh must quit - Apr 05, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh passes away (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Maharashtra leaders condole Deshmukh's death (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Goa governor, chief minister condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Political leaders pay tribute to 'warm-hearted' Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- I will contact true Samajwadis: Amar Singh - Jan 18, 2010
- BJP wants Deshmukh to go over land row - Apr 05, 2012
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Every part of India belongs to every Indian: Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Feb 02, 2010