Democrats not happy with Romney’s first TV adNovember 22nd, 2011 - 10:53 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney’s first TV ad got off on the wrong foot when it was attacked for being “deceitful” and “dishonest.” In the ad, Romney attacked a message attributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign.
The ad showed then candidate Obama saying that, “If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.” What the ad failed to notify is that Obama was quoting the words of John McCain’s campaign strategist. The quote and the failure of Romney’s campaign to acknowledge the original maker of the comment got the Obama campaign to react to the TV ad.
Campaign spokesperson Ben LaBolt said that the ad was a deliberate ploy by the Romney camp and it was “a deceitful and dishonest attack.”
Romney’s campaign team has acknowledged that they knew about the comment when the ad was made. The communications director of Romney’s campaign team Gail Gitcho told the Washington Post that, “Now, the tables have turned. President Obama and his campaign are doing exactly what candidate Obama criticized. President Obama and his team don’t want to talk about the economy and have tried to distract voters from his abysmal economic record.”
The ad attacked President Obama’s credentials, referencing several campaign promises that Obama has failed to fulfill.
Before Romney gets to worry about Obama, he has the GOP primaries to worry about.
- Obama plays China card against Romney - Sep 18, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Ron Paul attacks Romney, Bachmann and Perry - Aug 17, 2011
- Obama attacks Romney for shipping jobs to India - Jun 23, 2012
- Romney blooper has Republicans backtracking - Sep 19, 2012
- Jason Alexander responds to Mitt Romney's Seinfeld comment - Feb 25, 2012
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- Bobby Jindal defends Romney on offshore investments - Jul 09, 2012
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney lands in controversy with 'birther' joke - Aug 25, 2012
- Obama gains advantage in three swing states - Sep 21, 2012
- Ann Coulter opens up on Piers Morgan show - Jun 08, 2011
- White House releases Obama, Biden's tax returns - Apr 14, 2012
- Romney thumps Gingrich, regains momentum - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: barack obama, ben labolt, campaign spokesperson, campaign strategist, campaign team, communications director, credentials, democrats, economic record, economy, failure, first tv, gop, gop primaries, john mccain, mitt romney, ploy, tv ad campaign, washington post, wrong foot