Democracy was murdered at Ramlila ground: Prashant BhushanJune 8th, 2011 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) The post-midnight police crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his followers at Ramlila ground was a murder of democracy, senior counsel and member of the Lokpal bill drafting committee Prashant Bhushan said Wednesday.
“Even if the government had reached an agreement with Ramdev, can’t citizens protest peacefully? They have a right to do so… the democratic rights of people have been murdered,” said Bhushan.
He was speaking at Rajghat, where Gandhian and Lokpal bill drafting committee member Anna Hazare is on a day-long fast to protest against the police action against Ramdev.
“A person’s right to protest cannot be hushed,” Bhushan added.
- Over Rs.2.6 lakh donated during Anna's fast - Jun 08, 2011
- Ministers need to learn about democracy: Anna Hazare - Jun 08, 2011
- Hazare team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting, to fast June 8 (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Team Anna to fast at Rajghat, slams government (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Government scuttling Lokpal Bill, says Hazare (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Civil society members boycott Lokpal bill meeting (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Anna, team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting; fast June 8 (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Anna fasts against crackdown, India responds again - Jun 08, 2011
- Government, team Anna headed for showdown (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Anna threatens another fast in August - Jun 08, 2011
- Civil society members condemn police action against Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Prohibitory orders put question mark on Hazare's fast - Jun 05, 2011
- Chronology of an epochal fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Lokpal panel meets for consensus amid sharp differences - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, bhushan, citizens, committee member, democracy, democratic rights, drafting committee, followers, gandhian, New Delhi, police action, police crackdown, rajghat, ramdev, senior counsel