Delhi’s power tariff lower than others: DikshitAugust 27th, 2011 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) A day after power tariff was hiked by 22 percent in the national capital, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Saturday said the rates here were still lower than the neighbouring states like Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) Friday said the power tariff has been increased by 21.77 percent. The new rate will be effective Sep 1.
“Over the years, prices of fuel, CNG and LPG have increased by 100 percent. The power tariff has been hiked after five years,” Dikshit said.
“Despite being raised by 22 percent, the power rates are still less than Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and neighbouring states,” she said.
Households will now pay Rs.3 per unit up to 200 units as compared to Rs.2.45 earlier.
The consumer will now have to shell out Rs.4.80 per unit of power for the next 200 units up to 400 units. The existing rate is Rs.3.95 per unit.
Those consuming more than 400 units will be charged Rs.5.70 a unit instead of the current Rs.4.65.
- Your power bill goes up as tariff hiked in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi's power tariff hike comes into effect - Jul 01, 2012
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 28, 2012
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- People protest power tariff hike in Rajasthan - Aug 09, 2012
- Regulator asks IGL to reduce gas prices - Apr 10, 2012
- Have power to frame CNG tariff rules, regulator tells court (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Power tariff in Tamil Nadu goes up - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: capital delhi, chief minister, cng, delhi electricity regulatory commission, derc, electricity regulatory commission, haryana, households, lpg, neighbouring states, New Delhi, power tariff, rs 2, sheila dikshit, uttar pradesh