Delhi to be projected in ‘better manner’ during 2010 GamesFebruary 12th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 12 (IANS) Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday asked tourism officials to take steps to project the capital “in a better manner” during the 2010 Commonwealth Games to be held here.
“There must be a single goal to project Delhi in a better manner during the Commonwealth Games so that tourists and players could have a feel of their memorable stay,” Dikshit stated.
The directions to the Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation (DTTDC) were given at a review meeting of the departments of tourism, art and culture and archaeology.
The chief minister also asked officials to upgrade existing Delhi Haats, and arrange for better tourist buses, modern information kiosks and special packages for tourists to visit Jaipur and Agra.
“Delhi must have a look of a lively city. A number of parks have been selected where live cultural performances will be organised to disseminate the concept of unity in diversity of our country,” Dikshit added.
She said the information and broadcasting ministry was requested to provide best feature films to enable the city to screen them in selected cinema halls during the Games.
An official statement said the Delhi government would arrange for tourist maps at the airport, railway stations, bus terminals and Metro stations and install steel plaques at the Heritage sites for visitors. Special badges are planned to be issued to taxi and auto rickshaw drivers.
- DTTDC to operate west Delhi's cultural centre - May 02, 2011
- Big Street to beautify the capital during Commonwealth Games - Jun 30, 2010
- Promodome Communications to promote tourism in Delhi for CWG - Aug 31, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit launches 14 'Ho Ho' air-conditioned tourist buses for Dilli Darshan - Sep 27, 2010
- Delhi's third Dilli Haat planned in west Delhi - Dec 20, 2011
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Now cafes in monument premises for tourists during CWG - Mar 19, 2010
- Delhi plans institute to manage CWG infrastructure - Feb 07, 2011
- Games tourists - will they come in droves? - Sep 19, 2010
- Games tourist information cafes get good response - Sep 28, 2010
- Third Delhi Haat to come up in Janakpuri - Aug 24, 2011
- Dikshit launches hop-on, hop-off tourist bus service (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Showcasing the ancient in modern Delhi for Games visitors - Aug 26, 2010
- 24X7 call centre to help tourists during Commonwealth Games - Mar 18, 2010
- Games projects will be completed on time, Dikshit assures Kalmadi - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, airport railway, auto rickshaw, bus terminals, cinema halls, delhi government, delhi tourism, departments of tourism, haats, information kiosks, lively city, metro stations, railway stations, rickshaw drivers, sheila dikshit, tourism officials, tourist buses, tourist maps, transport development, unity in diversity