Delhi government allots flats to 500 slum dwellersJuly 18th, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) A total of 500 slum dwellers living in eight clusters across the city were Wednesday allotted flats by the Delhi government under a central government urbanisation programme.
“It is a nice beginning in the direction of providing well developed flats to large number of JJ (jhuggi-jhompri or shacks) dwellers,” Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said after awarding the allotment letters to the first 40 beneficiaries.
The housing complex has been constructed in north Delhi’s Bawana area, under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission programme.
She said that around 35,000 flats were under construction, which will be handed over the eligible slum dwellers once completed.
While the beneficiaries are required to pay Rs.60,000, eligible candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes will be provided 100 percent subsidy.
Allotted in joint names of husband and wife, the flats will be on leasehold basis for 15 years and then converted into freehold.
- Delhi ready with 15,000 flats for poor - Sep 06, 2011
- Free flats for scheduled castes, tribes in Delhi - Sep 19, 2011
- Delhi's slum dwellers to get 15,000 low-cost flats - Jan 04, 2011
- Will make Delhi slum-free, says Dikshit - Feb 10, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised - Aug 15, 2012
- 900 unauthorised Delhi colonies to be regularised (Lead, Correcting date in para one) - Aug 15, 2012
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Dikshit airs concern over lack of amenities in slums - Apr 14, 2010
- 33 Delhi slum clusters to be removed in October - Jul 21, 2011
- 6,000 slum dwellers will have roofs: Dikshit - Jun 22, 2011
- Homes demolished for CWG, hundreds still suffer - Mar 31, 2011
- Delhi government okays low cost flats for slum dwellers - Feb 03, 2010
- Focus on slum dwellers' housing, Dikshit tells industries - Aug 05, 2010
- Hundreds homeless as 25-year-old Delhi slum razed - Sep 23, 2010
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
Tags: allotment, bawana, beneficiaries, castes, central government, chief minister, clusters, delhi government, eligible candidates, husband and wife, jawaharlal nehru, national urban, New Delhi, north delhi, shacks, sheila dikshit, slum dwellers, subsidy, urban renewal