Delhi buses to ply till midnight on polling dayMay 5th, 2009 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Buses in the national capital will ply from 3.30 a.m. till midnight May 7 to facilitate travel for personnel on election duty as well as voters, the Delhi Election Commission said Tuesday.
“(Buses of) Delhi Transport Corporation and Blueline services will be plying from 3:30 a.m. till 12 midnight on May 7. The services will also ply on the counting day, May 16,” said a statement issued by Delhi’s chief electoral officer (CEO).
“The Delhi Metro will start functioning from 4 a.m. till 12 midnight on May 7 and the voting starts at 7 a.m. till 5 p.m.,” the statement further said.
According to a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official, the decision was taken following a suggestion from the state poll panel that the measure would help poll duty officers reach their duty stations in time.
The frequency of the trains will be 15 minutes at all stations for the first two hours after which the normal five to 10 minute frequency will be followed.
The DMRC had also started services early for the assembly elections held in November last year.
- Metro to begin an hour earlier for MCD polls - Apr 11, 2012
- Maintainance work Sunday on Delhi Metro's Gurgaon line - Dec 17, 2010
- Blueline buses finally to go off Delhi roads - Jan 31, 2011
- Delhi to get more Metro feeder buses - Feb 10, 2012
- Metro services from 4.30 a.m. on counting day - May 15, 2009
- Metro services to start at 4 a.m. on election day May 7 - Apr 29, 2009
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Efforts on to start Metro's Airport Express Line before Games - Sep 28, 2010
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Metro service connecting Delhi, Gurgaon starts - Jun 21, 2010
- Commuters suffer as private buses go off the roads (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- 1,600 Blueline buses off Delhi roads, commuters suffer - Sep 26, 2010
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: 15 minutes, assembly elections, blueline, buses, ceo, chief electoral officer, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, election commission, minute frequency, New Delhi, poll duty, polling day, state poll, suggestion, trains, transport corporation