Delhi budget session starts on a stormy noteMay 28th, 2012 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) The Delhi assembly budget session started on a stormy note Monday with the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) members attacking the government for water scarcity in the capital, leading to an adjournment of the house.
The BJP members raised slogans against the Delhi government and demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Sheila Diskhit. They trooped on towards the Speaker’s podium and created a ruckus.
One BJP legislator, Subhash Sachdeva, who got his head tonsured to mark his protest, was marshalled out of the house. Finally, the proceedings of the house were adjourned till 4 p.m.
Dikshit is scheduled to present the Delhi budget 2012-13 once the session resumes.
- Stormy start to Delhi assembly monsoon session - Sep 04, 2012
- CWG clouds Delhi assembly monsoon session opening - Aug 29, 2011
- Delhi assembly passes vote-on-account - Mar 21, 2012
- Parliament adjourned as opposition demands Dikshit's ouster (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Deadlock over Dikshit stalls parliament again (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Ruckus in Delhi assembly over irregularities in CWG - Aug 17, 2010
- After 13 days of disruption, monsoon session ends (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- After Chidambaram, opposition now guns for Krishna - Dec 09, 2011
- Ruckus in Rajya Sabha over appointment of Kalmadi - Aug 09, 2011
- Last day of session: parliament disrupted again - Sep 07, 2012
- Rajya Sabha proceeding disrupted on last day - Mar 25, 2011
- BJP members expelled from Delhi assembly - Sep 01, 2011
- Where is CWG probe report, asks opposition (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Calls for Dikshit's ouster over CAG report stall parliament(Roundup) - Aug 08, 2011
- Quit Dikshit campaign: parliament adjourned again - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: adjournment, bharatiya janata party, bjp, budget session, chief minister, delhi government, dikshit, legislator, New Delhi, podium, proceedings, protest, resignation, ruckus, sachdeva, sheila, slogans, water scarcity