Delhi Airport Metro repair to cost Rs.12 croreAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) The cost of repairing the Delhi Airport Metro link would be about Rs.12 crore, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
The Delhi Metro “has informed that the estimated cost of repair would be Rs.12 crore approximately and their stand is that there would be no revenue loss to them”, said Minister of State for Urban Development Saugata Roy while replying a question raised by Samajwadi Party member Jaya Bachchan.
A joint venture between Delhi Metro and Reliance Infra, operations on the Airport Metro were suspended July 8 after some faults were detected in the civil structure of the line.
The Airport Metro, which ferries over 15,000 people daily over a 23-km line, covers the distance between the New Delhi Railway Station and the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 18 minutes.
- Government proposes restart of Airport Metro - Aug 22, 2012
- Delhi's airport Metro may re-start late August (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2012
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- Hyderabad Metro to cost over Rs.14,000 crore - Aug 08, 2012
- DMRC, R-Infra passing the Express buck: Dikshit - Jul 16, 2012
- Probe into airport Metro flaws, August-end re-start unlikely - Jul 16, 2012
- Airport Metro to remain shut till late August (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Shorter airport metro services likely to resume (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi Airport Express resumption date unclear - Aug 14, 2012
- Dikshit hasn't lost hope yet on Delhi's Airport Metro - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- Delhi Airport Metro Express lines to open at 2 p.m. - Feb 23, 2011
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,