Deepa Dasmunshi files nomination from RaiganjApril 7th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 7 (IANS) Thirty-two candidates, including ailing Congress leader Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi’s wife Deepa, Tuesday filed nomination on the sixth day of the nomination process for 14 out of the 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal.
Deepa Dasmunshi is contesting from her husband’s old constituency Raiganj in North Dinajpur district.
Two other Congress nominees Santiram Mahato (Purulia) and Sukhovilas Verma (Purulia) also filed their nominations.
Four candidates from the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) and another from the Trinamool Congress also were among the prominent ones to enter the fray as the total number of nominations rose to 99.
The nomination process for the first phase of elections began Thursday and the last date for filing nominations is April 9. Scrutiny will take place April 11 and April 13 is the last date for withdrawals. Polling will be held April 30.
West Bengal will have a three-phase poll. After the first phase, the second phase - May 7 - will cover 17 constituencies, while the remaining 11 seats will see voting May 13.
- Nine women in fray for first phase West Bengal polls - Apr 13, 2009
- Nominations for West Bengal Lok Sabha seats begin - Apr 02, 2009
- 146 candidates for first phase polls in West Bengal - Apr 09, 2009
- Over 1,200 candidates lost deposit in Bengal polls - May 18, 2011
- Poll process begins in Bengal's six districts Thursday - Mar 23, 2011
- Campaigning ends for West Bengal polls - May 08, 2011
- Notification for fifth phase of West Bengal polls issued - Apr 11, 2011
- Six-time poll loser hopes for a lucky seven - Apr 05, 2011
- Process for Bengal's second phase poll begins Wednesday - Mar 29, 2011
- Notification for second phase of West Bengal polls issued - Mar 30, 2011
- I will die but won't grab land: Mamata - Aug 30, 2012
- West Bengal CM files nomination papers in Jadavpore - Apr 05, 2011
- Poll campaigning peaks in north Bengal districts - Apr 13, 2011
- 70 percent turnout in peaceful Bengal polls (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Brisk polling in fifth round of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - May 07, 2011
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leader, constituencies, constituency, CPI, dinajpur district, kolkata, last date, lok sabha seats, nomination process, priya ranjan, purulia, raiganj, scrutiny, second phase, sixth day, trinamool congress, west bengal, withdrawals