Decision on Tytler after serious deliberations: CongressApril 9th, 2009 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) The Congress would take a decision on Jagdish Tytler’s Lok Sabha candidature after “serious deliberations”, the party’s spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said Thursday after a court postponed its ruling on a case involving Tytler in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
“Any decision on such issues is taken after serious deliberations,” Singhvi said.
Regarding the time period for the decision, he said: “Wait and watch.”
He added that the party’s decision on the matter would be taken keeping the “sensitivity” and “sensibility” of people in mind.
Tytler, the Congress’ candidate from the Delhi North-East Lok Sabha seat, was among the three prominent Congress leaders accused of having incited mobs against the Sikhs in 1984. The other two were Sajjan Kumar, the candidate from South Delhi, and the late H.K.L. Bhagat.
The court was to rule on the Central Bureau of Investigation’s clean chit to Tytler in a case related to the 1984 riots. It has postponed the hearing to April 28.
- Tytler given clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 27, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: CBI seeks dismissal of case against Tytler - Jul 24, 2010
- Sikhs demand death sentence for Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler - May 05, 2010
- Sikhs protest outside court hearing Tytler case - Apr 09, 2009
- Court allows Sajjan Kumar's plea in 1984 riots case - Aug 03, 2012
- I will react only after court's judgement: Tytler - Apr 09, 2009
- CBI clean chit to Tytler timed with polls in mind, say angry Sikhs - Apr 02, 2009
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told - Feb 16, 2012
- Hearing on Tytler postponed, Sikhs hold protests (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2009
- Sikhs to stage protest rally outside Sonia Gandhi's residence - Apr 05, 2009
- Akali Dal, SGPC oppose Tytler in Olympics delegation - Jul 09, 2012
- 1984 riots: Sajjan Kumar's plea dismissed - Jun 02, 2012
- Sajjan claims right to confront witness with proof - May 23, 2012
- CBI gives Tytler clean chit in 1984 riots case, Sikhs protest (Lead) - Apr 02, 2009
- Congress has admitted 1984 riots guilt: Akali Dal - Apr 10, 2009
Tags: anti sikh riots, candidature, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, congress candidate, congress leaders, deliberations, jagdish tytler, Lok Sabha, manu, mobs, New Delhi, sikhs, south delhi, spokesperson, time period