Decision on arrested Kerala CPI-M leader’s bail SaturdayAugust 3rd, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala), Aug 3 (IANS) A court here completed hearing on the bail plea of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader P. Jayarajan, arrested in a case of murder, and will announce its decision Saturday.
Jayarajan, the CPI-M’s Kannur district secretary, was Wednesday arrested and sent for two weeks custody in connection with the murder of Indian Union Muslim League worker Abdul Shukoor in February this year.
Opposing the bail plea in the court of Kannur’s chief judicial magistrate, the special public prosecutor prayed that Jayarajan should not be given bail as the investigation was still on, while the CPI-M leader’s counsel said that the charges under which he was arrested are those where a bail can be easily be given.
Jayarajan is the 38th accused, while more than two dozen CPI-M activists have been arrested in this case.
In a related development, the Kerala High Court judge hearing the anticipatory bail plea of the 39th accused and CPI-M legislator T.V. Rajesh, Friday recused himself from hearing it.
The judge is believed to have taken the decision after reports that the special prosecutor appointed by the government in this case was his former senior.
- Kerala CPI-M leader denied bail in murder case - Aug 04, 2012
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murder - Aug 23, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- CPI(M) MLA Rajesh denied bail, Jayarajan's remand extended - Aug 14, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- Kerala legislator gets bail in murder case - Aug 21, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Shutdown in Kerala over CPI-M leader's arrest - Aug 02, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- Court orders charge sheet against Kerala CPI-M leader - May 30, 2011
- Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keen - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: activists, bail plea, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, court judge, CPI, district secretary, judicial magistrate, kannur district, kerala high court, legislator, muslim league, public prosecutor, rajesh, related development, special prosecutor