Deceased IPS officer’s father alleges political murderMarch 9th, 2012 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 9 (IANS) The father of deceased Indian Police Service officer Narendra Kumar, who was run over by a tractor-trolley in Madhya Pradesh, alleged Friday that his son’s murder was a political conspiracy and that his son and daughter-in-law were “threatened” by a local legislator.
“Since a few days he (Narendra Kumar) was telling me that he was acting against illegal mining mafias and had seized several vehicles but they got released,” the father, Keshav Dev, told reporters at Gwalior.
“My daughter-in-law had also a heated argument with BJP MLA Mohan Sharma, who regularly threatened both my son and daughter-in-law. She had been transferred 15 days ago. The government officials hid his murder information from me and said that he died in an accident,” Keshav Dev added.
Sub-divisional police officer Bamore Narendra Kumar was killed On Thursday afternoon while trying to stop a tractor loaded with illegaly mined stones. Instead of stopping, driver Manoj Gurjar ran over Kumar in Morena district, 450 kms from state capital Bhopal.
The 32-year-old Kumar was a 2009 batch IPS officer. His father Keshav Dev, a sub inspector, is posted in Aligarh. The slain officer’s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, is an IAS officer and is presently on maternity leave.
Keshav Dev also alleged that Madhya Pradesh’s ruling party patronises illegal mining.
According to sources, the argument between IAS officer and the legislator had been brought to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s notice.
Reacting on the allegations, legislator Mohan Sharma told reporters: “Transfer is a normal process. But yes I had complained to the chief minister that she had ill-treated me.”
Home minister Uma Shankar Gupta refuted Keshav Dev’s allegations, saying there were no reports of vehicles seized for illegal mining activites being released.
“Because he has lost a young son, his mental balance has been affected. We will talk to him later,” Gupta said.
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 08, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: MP government slammed, judicial probe ordered (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- Police officer's murder: Inspector transferred - Mar 11, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody - Mar 20, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop, Congress calls bandh (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- CBI begins probing IPS officer's killing - Mar 15, 2012
- Team Anna calls for law to protect whistleblowers - Mar 09, 2012
- CM involved in Madhya Pradesh illegal mining: Digvijay Singh - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Lawlessness on rise in Madhya Pradesh (Madhya Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 10, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop - Mar 13, 2012
- Political parties slam MP government over IPS officer's killing (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: bjp mla, chief minister, government officials, gupta, home minister, indian police service, ips officer, legislator, mafias, maternity, mental balance, mohan, old kumar, police officer, political conspiracy, political murder, ruling party, son and daughter, thursday afternoon, uma shankar