Debnath elected new speaker of Tripura assemblyMarch 17th, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by admin
Agartala, March 17 (IANS) Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator Ramendra Chandra Debnath was re-elected speaker of the Tripura assembly for the second consecutive term Monday. Pro-tem Speaker Samir Deb Sarkar announced that 55-year-old lawyer turned politician Debnath was elected unanimously as there was no other candidate for the post.
A weeklong winter session of the Tripura assembly began here Monday with the customary speech of Governor Dinesh Nandan Sahaya.
Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury presented a Rs.11.51 billion budget as vote-on-account for the first three months of the 2008-09 fiscal.
“A full-fledged budget for the coming financial year would be presented a few months later as the full budget could not be prepared due to the Feb 23 assembly elections and subsequent formation of the government just a week ago,” Chowdhury told reporters.
Chowdhury also presented a supplementary budget of Rs.5.74 billion for the outgoing financial year.
- Limited Tripura assembly sessions attack on democracy: Congress - Mar 09, 2012
- Bengal government presents vote-on-account for two months - Jun 24, 2011
- Tripura budget presented amid bedlam - Jun 11, 2010
- Opposition disrupts Tripura assembly over rape incident - Mar 22, 2012
- Congress MLAs disrupt Tripura assembly - Mar 09, 2011
- Japan's quake rumble felt in Tripura assembly - Mar 11, 2011
- Bedlam in Tripura assembly over July protests - Sep 02, 2011
- Pradip Kumar Sarkar appointed Tripura Lokayukta - Dec 13, 2011
- Opposition disrupts Tripura assembly - Sep 05, 2011
- Tripura Assembly begins today - Mar 17, 2008
- My dream is to win Davis Cup for India: Somdev - Dec 27, 2010
- Third supplementary budget presented in Jharkhand - Mar 13, 2012
- Tripura to appoint Lokayukta this month - Nov 17, 2011
- Mizo party chief praises Tripura's 'success stories' - Mar 15, 2012
- Tripura assembly speaker's brother killed; wife, paramour held - Dec 29, 2009
Tags: assembly elections, badal, chandra, chowdhury, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, deb, dinesh, finance minister, first three months, lawyer, legislator, march 17, nandan, politician, sarkar, supplementary budget, weeklong winter, winter session