Dayanidhi Maran sends legal notice to JayalalithaApril 25th, 2009 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 25 (IANS) Former union minister Dayanidhi Maran Saturday sent a legal notice to AIADMK chief Jayalalitha after she charged that he had misused his position to help his family-owned Sun TV.
Maran threatened to sue Jayalalitha demanding a compensation of Rs.100 million if she failed to tender a public apology.
“Contrary to the claim made by Jayalalitha, the Central Bureau of Investigation has not launched any probe against Maran for alleged irregularities in the use of programme uplinks of Sun TV,” the notice issued by advocate J. Ravindran read.
“The allegations are totally baseless, imaginary, politically motivated and highly defamatory made with malafide intentions to defame Dayanidhi Maran by Jayalalitha April 23,” it added.
Jayalalitha had claimed in an election meeting at Virudhunagar, a town 450 km south of here, that the CBI enquiries were stymied after a patch up between the families of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi and the estranged Maran brothers.
- Maran demands Rs.10 crore damages from paper - Jun 03, 2011
- 2G scam: Maran denies wrongdoing, opposition demands he quit (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011
- Maran will be dropped if probe points finger - Jun 25, 2011
- Maran should resign, demands BJP - Jun 01, 2011
- Maran slaps notice on Jayalalithaa for Sun TV irregularities - Apr 25, 2009
- Maran denies wrongdoing in issuing telecom licences - Jun 01, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to 'nationalise' cable TV - Jun 03, 2011
- Plea in apex court for CBI probe against Maran, Aircel - Jun 01, 2011
- 2G claims another minister: Maran quits (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran lauds Karunanidhi during poll campaign - Apr 09, 2011
- Kalanithi Maran summoned by police, seeks time - Jul 13, 2011
- CBI raids Marans, DMK silent - Oct 10, 2011
- Maran's position shaky, as CBI points finger (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- PM should drop Maran from cabinet: Jayalalithaa - Jul 06, 2011
- Karunanidhi blames media for Maran's exit - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: 100 million, advocate, allegations, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, contrary, dayanidhi maran, irregularities, jayalalitha, m karunanidhi, public apology, sun tv, tamil nadu, union minister, uplinks