Day 12 - parliament disrupted againSeptember 6th, 2012 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Both houses of parliament were disrupted for the 12th successive day Thursday following opposition protests over coal block allocations among other issues.
The Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha observed a minute silence in remembrance of those killed in a blaze in a firecracker unit in Tamil Nadu’s Sivakasi town that killed 38 people. The trouble began soon after that as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) kept up its chant demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the coal block allocations.
The presiding officers of both houses adjourned the house till noon.
- BJP, SP protests force parliament adjournment till Friday (Second Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Parliament disrupted over coal block allocations (Roundup) - Sep 06, 2012
- Day 10: parliament disrupted again - Sep 04, 2012
- BJP keeps up protest, parliament disrupted again - Sep 03, 2012
- Parliament adjourned as logjam continues - Sep 05, 2012
- Coal scam: parliament again adjourned - Aug 24, 2012
- Coalgate: Parliament disrupted again - Aug 31, 2012
- Logjam continues, parliament adjourned - Aug 30, 2012
- PM not allowed to speak; both houses adjourned till 2 p.m. (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Parliament adjourned again over coal allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP protests stall parliament again (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- BJP disrupts parliament again (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- BJP protests force Lok Sabha to adjourn for day (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal saga (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: allocations, bharatiya janata party, bjp, blaze, chant, firecracker, houses of parliament, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, minute silence, New Delhi, opposition protests, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, remembrance, resignation, sivakasi, tamil nadu