David Cameron met Queen dressed as rabbitMay 10th, 2010 - 12:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 10 (IANS) David Cameron, the Conservative leader in the race to become the next prime minister of Britain, met the Queen dressed as a rabbit - in a school play staged 35 years back.
Cameron, then eight, participated in a production of “Toad Of Toad Hall” at Heatherdown School in Ascot, Berkshire, in 1975. He played Harold Rabbit.
The school has now closed. It was such an elitist institution that it provided three separate lavatories on Sports’ Day - one for Ladies, one for Gentlemen and one for Chauffeurs.
Chris Black, who was Cameron’s teacher, remembers him as a confident actor.
“I had the task of producing the annual school play. In 1975 we decided to perform a ‘musical’ for parents and spent many weeks rehearsing `Toad of Toad Hall’, for which I had written a musical score.
“The final night’s performance was attended by Her Majesty, The Queen. David’s elder brother Alexander played Ratty and although he was somewhat overshadowed by his brother the young Cameron minor’s determination and ambition was already much in evidence,” Daily Mail quoted Black as saying.
Rhidian Llewellyn, another teacher, said: “Cameron was one of the most normal - he was just a middle-class boy from a nice family.”
- Obama gets date wrong, signs guestbook 2008! - May 25, 2011
- President Obama to call British PM Cameron on Tuesday - May 12, 2010
- David Cameron becomes Britain's new prime minister - May 12, 2010
- Phone hacking probe will be widened: Cameron (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- I'm from the middle class: Cameron - Aug 11, 2010
- Ricky Martin to be teacher in TV series - Feb 07, 2012
- News International deliberately blocked probe: MPs' panel (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Olympics: Queen 'Bonds' with Craig at opening ceremony - Jul 28, 2012
- Sienna's boob-slip on US TV - Aug 05, 2009
- Tiny beaked toad, two other species discovered - Nov 28, 2010
- Cameron says hacking probe to be widened, regrets hiring Coulson (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Zubin Mehta keen to perform in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 23, 2012
- Queen's approval makes me feel humble: David Seidler - Feb 07, 2011
- James Cameron Excited About Having Angelina Jolie As Cleopatra - Oct 21, 2010
- Cameron Diaz makes sure that 'Bad Teacher' lives up to its name - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: 35 years, ambition, ascot, berkshire, brother alexander, chauffeurs, conservative leader, daily mail, david cameron, elder brother, gentlemen, lavatories, llewellyn, majesty, middle class, musical score, nice family, prime minister of britain, toad, toad of toad hall