Dating service uses philandering Mexican politician’s imageJune 8th, 2012 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, June 8 (IANS/EFE) The admitted past marital infidelities of Mexican presidential front-runner Enrique Pena Nieto have become fodder for a new advertisement campaign by an agency that arranges affairs for married clients.
A billboard bearing Pena Nieto’s picture and the text “Unfaithful to his family. Faithful and committed to his country” appeared this week in Mexico City.
The advertisement was commissioned by the Mexican unit of Ashley Madison, which describes itself as “the world’s leading married dating service for discreet encounters”.
“What we offer is that if you have an extramarital relationship through us, you won’t be caught, and so those people should use our (web) page to do it secretly,” the president of Ashley Madison Mexico, Ricardo Castaneda, told EFE.
Pena Nieto’s dalliances didn’t stay secret, as he fathered two children with two different mistresses while married to his first wife, the late Monica Pretellini.
The photogenic politician has publicly acknowledged those affairs, but now presents himself as a model husband to soap opera actress Angelica Rivera.
With less than a month to go before the July 1 election, Ashley Madison decided the time was ripe for the advertisement featuring Pena Nieto, Castaneda said.
“He is leading the polls and it was very easy to do it,” the executive said.
- Mexican presidential hopeful goes public with new romance - Aug 03, 2011
- The image of Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexican presidency front-runner, used to promote adultery - Jun 07, 2012
- Mexican candidate defends his lack of knowledge about books - Dec 07, 2011
- Mexico's president-elect vows to reduce poverty - Sep 12, 2012
- `Mexico must look into obstacles to press coverage' - Jul 05, 2012
- Nieto claims Mexico presidency win - Jul 03, 2012
- Mexico gears up for first televised presidential debate - May 07, 2012
- Mexican carnival goers burn clown's effigy over jokes - Feb 20, 2012
- Andy Garcia thrilled about shooting in Mexico - Apr 14, 2012
- Diego Rivera sketches undergo restoration - Mar 02, 2012
- Playboy model is the talk of Mexican presidential debate - May 08, 2012
- Remains of missing Mexican politician found in mass grave - Mar 17, 2012
- `Millions of Mexicans ready to cheat on spouses' - Dec 15, 2011
- Romeo Santos' solo debut leads Latin albums chart - Dec 30, 2011
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: advertisement campaign, angelica rivera, ashley madison, castaneda, dalliances, discreet encounters, enrique pena nieto, extramarital relationship, first wife, fodder, marital infidelities, married dating service, mexican politician, mexico city, mistresses, mj, model husband, monica pretellini, soap opera actress, week in mexico