Dasmunsi complains of breathlessness, hospitalisedJuly 7th, 2008 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 6(IANS) Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, who was hospitalised at Raiganj in North Dinajpur district of West Bengal Sunday afternoon following complaints of breathlessness, is being shifted here for treatment. “He had some problem of indigestion. Following this, he developed a minor cardiac problem. We are bringing him to the Kolkata for better treatment,” state Congress vice president Subrata Mukherjee told IANS.
“But I have learnt from doctors that there is no cause for concern,” Mukherjee said.
Dasmunshi would be admitted to a private hospital Apollo Gleneagles, hospital sources confirmed.
Earlier, the minister was taken to the Raigunj Hospital after he felt uncomfortable while on a visit to the Malda district in north Bengal to attend a party meeting.
“Dasmunsi was brought to our hospital in the afternoon. He was suffering from breathlessness. A five-member team of doctors attended on him. He is out of danger now,” a Raiganj hospital official said Sunday evening.
After initial treatment, the state Congress president was driven to Purnea in Bihar, from where he will be flown in by an air force plane, Mukherjee said.
Dasmunsi’s wife and Congress legislator Deepa, a medical team and some other party leaders are accompanying him.
Congress sources said officials at the prime minister’s office are constantly monitoring Dasmunshi’s condition.
- Dasmunsi admitted to Kolkata hospital (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2008
- I will die but won't grab land: Mamata - Aug 30, 2012
- Dasmunsi hospitalised in West Bengal - Jul 06, 2008
- Dasmunsi recovering fast at Kolkata hospital - Jul 07, 2008
- 13 Trinamool students held for assault on principal - Jan 06, 2012
- Dasmunsi undergoes angioplasty, recovering fast (Lead) - Jul 07, 2008
- Remark on Dasmunshi angers West Bengal Congress - Sep 18, 2010
- Recuperating Dasmunsi leaves Kolkata hospital - Jul 17, 2008
- Trinamool members, others held for assault on principal (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Independent legislator joins Trinamool - Mar 24, 2012
- No 'poriborton' in health care in Didi's Bengal (West Bengal Newsletter) - Dec 25, 2011
- Congress-Trinamool feud escalates after Bengal reshuffle (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pranab cautions Mamata government on teacher assaults - Jan 22, 2012
- West Bengal governor's visit to cyclone-hit area cancelled - Apr 17, 2010
- No alliance in my constituency: Deepa Dasmunsi - May 17, 2009
Tags: air force plane, cardiac problem, congress president, dinajpur district, gleneagles hospital, hospital sources, hospitalised, indigestion, initial treatment, malda district, medical team, member team, north bengal, party leaders, private hospital, priya ranjan, raiganj, state congress, subrata mukherjee, west bengal