Dasmunsi admitted to Kolkata hospital (Second Lead)July 7th, 2008 - 1:50 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 7 (IANS) Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi was Sunday night admitted to a private hospital here following complaints of chest pain and breathlessness. Dasmunsi, on a visit to the Malda district in north West Bengal to attend a Congress party meeting, complained of breathlessness and was hospitalised at Raiganj in North Dinajpur district in the afternoon.
He was later flown into the metropolis by an air force plane from Purnea in Bihar.
The state Congress president was accompanied by his wife and Congress legislator Deepa, a team of doctors and some party leaders aboard the flight.
“Dasmunsi had some problem of indigestion. Following this, he developed a minor cardiac problem. But I have learnt from doctors there is no cause for concern. He is stable,” state Congress vice president Subrata Mukherjee told IANS.
A team of specialists at the Apollo Gleneagles hospital examined Dasmunsi and conducted several medical tests to ascertain his condition, hospital authorities said.
Several state Congress leaders and a large number of party activists were at the hospital, where mediapersons also gathered in strength.
Earlier, a doctor at the Raigunj Hospital said: “Dasmunsi was brought to our hospital in the afternoon. He was suffering from breathlessness. A five-member team of doctors attended on him.”
Congress sources said officials at the prime minister’s office were constantly monitoring Dasmunshi’s condition.
- Dasmunsi complains of breathlessness, hospitalised - Jul 07, 2008
- Dasmunsi hospitalised in West Bengal - Jul 06, 2008
- Dasmunsi recovering fast at Kolkata hospital - Jul 07, 2008
- Dasmunsi undergoes angioplasty, recovering fast (Lead) - Jul 07, 2008
- Recuperating Dasmunsi leaves Kolkata hospital - Jul 17, 2008
- Independent legislator joins Trinamool - Mar 24, 2012
- No 'poriborton' in health care in Didi's Bengal (West Bengal Newsletter) - Dec 25, 2011
- 13 Trinamool students held for assault on principal - Jan 06, 2012
- Dasmunsi not in critical condition now, but progress slow: doctors - May 26, 2009
- Trinamool members, others held for assault on principal (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Security up for Sonia's West Bengal campaign - Apr 27, 2009
- No alliance in my constituency: Deepa Dasmunsi - May 17, 2009
- Remark on Dasmunshi angers West Bengal Congress - Sep 18, 2010
- Poll process begins in Bengal's six districts Thursday - Mar 23, 2011
- Independent legislator set to join Trinamool - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: air force plane, cardiac problem, congress leaders, congress party, congress president, dinajpur district, gleneagles hospital, hospital authorities, malda district, member team, party activists, party leaders, private hospital, priya ranjan, purnea, raiganj, stable state, state congress, subrata mukherjee, west bengal