Dasgupta dials Chidambaram, says Kishenji murderedNovember 25th, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata/New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) Claiming he had information that Maoist leader Kishenji was arrested and “murdered in cold blood”, Communist Party of India (CPI) MP Gurudas Dasgupta Friday telephoned Home Minister P. Chidambaram to demand a probe into the death.
Dasgupta, speaking to reporters later in Delhi, said though the police claim that Kishenji died in a gun battle, “I have got information that he was arrested at 12 noon Thursday and then murdered in cold blood by the police.
“If my reports are true, then this is a dastardly crime according to Indian law and also international law,” said Dasgupta, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Ghatal in West Midnapore district.
“I have not said the reports I have received are true. I have said conduct a probe. And then conduct a post-mortem and arrange to hand over the body to his relatives,” he said.
However, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Sitaram Yechury said the death of Kishenji - who was in-charge of rebel operations in eastern India - had put the security forces a step ahead of the Maoists.
“I have no comments to offer on how he was killed. It is for the security forces to say. But the development has put the security forces a step ahead of the Maoists as far as law and order is concerned,” he said.
It may be mentioned that around 300 CPI-M leaders and activists have been killed allegedly by Maoists in West Bengal over the past 10 years.
- Kisheji 'tortured and killed', says CPI-Maoist - Nov 25, 2011
- Strands of similarity in Azad, Kishenji killings - Nov 26, 2011
- Kishenji eliminated in Didi's regime - an irony? (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 27, 2011
- Elimination of Kishenji not planned, just happened: Mamata - Mar 09, 2012
- Six bullet wounds among 20 injuries on Kishenji's body: Autopsy - Nov 27, 2011
- Congress MP, hundreds attend Kishenji cremation - Nov 27, 2011
- Agnivesh demands judicial probe into Kishenji killing - Nov 26, 2011
- Make public Kishenji's autopsy report: CPI-M - Nov 26, 2011
- Gurudas Dasgupta slams CPI-M for debacle - May 18, 2011
- Post Kishenji, security forces hunt for Maoists (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2011
- Kishenji's killing a setback for Maoists: Narayanan - Dec 05, 2011
- Kishenji calls for defeating CPI-M candidates - Sep 07, 2010
- CPI-Maoist calls shutdown to protest Kishenji killing - Nov 27, 2011
- Bengal interlocutors step aside from peace process - Nov 28, 2011
- Kishenji was given three days to surrender: Mamata - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: cold blood, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, eastern india, gun battle, gurudas, home minister, law and order, Lok Sabha, maoist, maoists, midnapore district, New Delhi, p chidambaram, police claim, post mortem, rebel operations, sitaram yechury, west bengal