Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheetJune 3rd, 2011 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 3 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday named Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former Rajasthan minister Rajendra Singh Rathore in its charge sheet for 2006 Dara Singh shootout case.
The CBI claimed that Dara Singh, a hard core criminal, was gunned down in a fake gunbattle by a team of Rajasthan Police’s special operations group in October 2006.
The agency has named 16 others for the killing. These include Additional Director General of Police A.K. Jain, Inspector General A. Ponnuchami — both Indian Police Service officers — Additional Superintendent of Police Arsad Ali, police inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, assistant sub-inspector Surendra Singh, sub-inspector Satyanarayan Godara and seven other policemen.
Ajay Kumar Jain, advocate for some policemen, told IANS that Rathore’s name has been mentioned as the conspirator, but the CBI has said that investigations against him are yet to be completed.
“Others have been made accused in the charge sheet,” Jain added.
The CBI has arrested six policemen — A. Ponnuchami, Nisar Khan, Naresh Sharma, Surendra Singh and Satyanarayan Godara, sub inspector Munshi Lal — in the case.
A court had earlier issued warrants against seven other policemen - Rajesh Choudhary, Subash Godara, Zulfikar, Arvind, Badri Prasad, Jagraj and Sardar Singh.
Dara Singh’s widow had filed a case in Jaipur against the policemen, alleging the shootout in which he was killed was staged. The Supreme Court had handed over the investigations in the case to the CBI.
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011
- Rajasthan BJP leader accused in shoot-out case, denies charges (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Four Rajasthan cops accused of staged gunfight surrender - Jul 26, 2011
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS officer surrenders in Dara Singh case - Feb 28, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Rajasthan top cop evading arrest, removed from post - Jun 02, 2011
- Warrant for arrest of senior Rajasthan cops - May 17, 2011
- Ex-cop gets bail in Rajasthan staged shootout - Aug 25, 2011
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: arvind, badri, bjp leader, cbi, central bureau of investigation, conspirator, dara singh, gunbattle, indian police service, jain, munshi, naresh, police inspectors, policemen, rathore, sardar singh, special operations group, subash, surendra singh, zulfikar