Cuba releases photos of Chavez recuperatingJuly 4th, 2011 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Havana, July 4 (IANS/EFE) Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez begins his daily rehabilitation regimen with a walk after the recent surgeries he underwent in Havana, reported the official Cubadebate web site which posted photographs of the South American leader.
The web site Sunday posted several photographs of Chavez during his morning exercise activities.
“As part of the routine for his recovery” doctors prescribed for Chavez a daily walk lasting 10 minutes,” Cubadebate said, adding that the Venezuelan “is following with discipline” his exercise orders.
The photos were taken Friday during one of those walks and show Chavez in the company of his Foreign Minister, Nicolas Maduro, his daughters Maria Gabriela and Rosa Virginia, and one of the doctors attending him whose name has not been released.
In the images, Chavez can be seen walking along a pathway in a track suit chatting and evidently in good spirits in a grassy and lightly wooded area, presumably the grounds of a medical facility, at the place where he is recovering.
Chavez has been in Cuba for the past three weeks, during which time he has undergone two operations, one of which was to remove an “abscessed tumour”, according to what he said last Thursday in a televised message.
Chavez posted messages Sunday on his Twitter account for Venezuela’s young people, who are marching to celebrate the country’s independence bicentennial and to show their support for the president.
“What Bolivarian youth! I see you, I hear you, I’m living you! Let’s say with Bolivar, 200 years later: “To hesitate is to lose ourselves. We will overcome, my kids!” Chavez said in a post on Twitter.
The president sent another message saying: “Here I am, doing my daily exercises and receiving that bath of love that is coming to me from that Great Youth March! It’s the best medicine!”
Maduro said Sunday that the tumour Chavez had in his pelvic area was “completely” removed “in time”, and the president is beginning an “almost miraculous” recovery process.
“This cancerous tumour was detected in time; this tumor was able to be removed … completely. He has begun an almost miraculous process, upward, of physical recovery, of his strength, of his health,” Maduro told Televen.
The president’s vital organs are in perfect shape after the second operation he underwent in the Cuban capital to remove the tumour, after having been operated on initially June 10 for a pelvic abscess, the foreign minister said.
- Chavez's former doctor flees Venezuela - Oct 22, 2011
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Chavez in Cuba for another round of cancer treatment - Apr 16, 2012
- Chavez cancer confirmation stuns Venezuela - Jul 01, 2011
- Cancer once made Chavez consider leaving politics - Sep 05, 2012
- Chavez back in Cuba for more surgery - Feb 26, 2012
- Chavez heads back to Venezuela - Mar 17, 2012
- Chavez takes to Twitter after surgery - Mar 02, 2012
- Chavez says his progress is favourable - Mar 13, 2012
- Chavez denies getting medical checkup in Brazil - Aug 03, 2012
- Venezuelan president says he needs more chemotherapy - Sep 14, 2011
- Hugo Chavez exercises after cancerous tumour surgery - Jul 31, 2011
- Chavez to return to Venezuela this week - Apr 24, 2012
- Chavez says he's free of cancer - Oct 21, 2011
- Chavez recovering well, says Venezuelan official - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: american leader, best medicine, bolivar, efe, exercise activities, foreign minister, gabriela, havana, hugo chavez, independence bicentennial, last thursday, medical facility, morning exercise, pelvic area, president hugo chavez, rosa virginia, track suit, venezuelan president hugo, venezuelan president hugo chavez, wooded area