CRPF officer killed, 10 others injured in Maoist attackApril 10th, 2009 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 10 (IANS) Armed Maoists ambushed a security forces patrol, killing a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer and injuring 10 troopers in Chhattisgarh’s restive Bastar region Friday.
The police said heavily armed Maoists ambushed with heavy firing a joint CRPF and District Forces patrolling team in village Minta of Dantewada district, about 445 km south of capital Raipur.
“CRPF deputy commandant Diwakar was killed and 10 other personnel received bullet wounds in the gun battle that ended around 3.30 p.m.,” Rahul Sharma, district superintendent of police, Dantewada, told IANS.
The killed commandant and the injured personnel belong to the 55th battalion of the CRPF.
Pawan Deo, deputy inspector general, police headquarters, said most of the injured personnel, including an assistant commandant, were taken to Dornapal in Dantewada while a few were shifted to a government hospital at Jagdalpur town in Bastar district.
Maoists have stepped up violence in the state since the announcement of Lok Sabha polls last month and ordered people to stay away from the poll process.
- Maoists ambush CRPF patrol in Chhattisgarh, nine killed (Lead) - Apr 10, 2009
- Nine CPRF men, three Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2009
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Maoists kill 26 security personnel in deadly Chhattisgarh attack (Night Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists kill 26 in deadly Chattisgarh attack (Third Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Six troopers among seven killed by Chhattisgarh Maoists - May 14, 2012
Tags: assistant commandant, bastar district, bullet wounds, chhattisgarh, deo, deputy commandant, deputy inspector general, district superintendent, diwakar, government hospital, gun battle, lok sabha polls, maoist, maoists, minta, police force, police headquarters, rahul sharma, reserve police, security forces