CPI-M’s former MP Laxman Seth gets bailJuly 13th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 13 (IANS) A West Bengal court Friday gave bail to former Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) parliamentarian Laxman Seth, who was in custody for 118 days for allegedly plotting violent incidents in Nandigram of East Midnapore district in 2007.
A division bench of Calcutta High Court gave bail to the CPI-M leader against a personal bond of Rs.60,000.
The bench of Justice Ashim Kumar Roy and Justice Tafiq Uddin, however, ordered Seth not to enter East Midnapore district.
Seth, along with former CPI-M legislator Ashok Guria and party district committee member Amiay Sahu was arrested by the state’s Criminal Investigation Department from a guest house in Chembur area of Mumbai March 17.
Seth, a former MP from Tamluk, which includes Nandigram, and his two comrades are among the 88 people named in the charge sheet filed Jan 30 in relation to the death of six villagers and disappearance of seven others, who had gone missing after armed clashes in Nandigram in November 2007.
- Prohibitory order in Bengal court premises - Mar 20, 2012
- Former CPI-M MP, aides jailed for Nandigram violence - Mar 27, 2012
- Ex CPI-M MP arrested in Nandigram case flown to Kolkata - Mar 18, 2012
- Former CPI-M lawmaker, aides sent to 3 days' CID custody - Mar 20, 2012
- Former CPI-M MP arrested in Nandigram case - Mar 17, 2012
- Former CPI-M MP arrested in Nandigram case (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- CPI-M demands release of its jailed Bengal ex-MP - Jun 05, 2012
- CPI-M leader questions Nandigram accused's induction - Mar 20, 2012
- Poll panel verifies list of homeless after violence - Feb 13, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011
- Biman Bose re-elected CPI-M's Bengal state secretary - Feb 19, 2012
- Three CPI-M offices torched in West Bengal - Sep 07, 2010
- Trinamool passes popularity test, with twin failures (West Bengal newsletter) - Jun 09, 2012
- Five years on, Nandigram feels forgotten and betrayed - Jan 03, 2012
- Intellectuals flay Mamata for Nandigram 'injustice' - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: ashim, ashok, calcutta high court, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, criminal investigation department, district committee member, division bench, guria, laxman, legislator, midnapore district, nandigram, parliamentarian, personal bond, sahu, uddin, violent incidents, west bengal