CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest against diesel price hikeSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 14 (IANS) Condemning the abrupt hike in diesel price, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat said Friday his party in coordination with other parties would organise a nation-wide protest to force the government to rollback the diesel price hike.
“We condemn this decision of diesel price hike and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. We strongly oppose this decision,” Karat told reporters here.
The government Thursday announced a hike in diesel price by Rs.five a litre and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. The decisions come into effect midnight Thursday.
“We will discuss with Left parties and other like-minded parties to organise a strong nation-wide protest, so that the government rollbacks this decision,” said Karat.
- Left Front condemns diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Odisha protests diesel price hike, cap on cooking gas - Sep 14, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Will oppose anti-people fuel price hike: SP - Sep 14, 2012
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Second lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata - Sep 13, 2012
- Patnaik demands rollback of diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, coordination, CPI, decisions, diesel price hike, gas cylinders, general secretary, left parties, litre, prakash karat, protest, rollback, rollbacks