CPI-M seeks probe into ‘false’ news on ex-leader’s killingJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 11 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Wednesday demanded a probe into the manner in which “false news” was being circulated by Kerala Police over a former party leader’s murder in May.
Former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran, 51, was murdered May 4 in Kozhikode district by a group of hired killers, some of whom have been linked to the CPI-M. The party denies its involvement in the killing.
Close to 70 people have been arrested.
“The details of the contacts made by the investigating police and a section of the media have now come out and this has happened when the government submitted an affidavit that there was no news leak by police. So it is appropriate that strict action should be taken against erring police officials,” said the CPI-M.
Former industries minister and party legislator from Kozhikode Elamaram Kareem told the assembly Wednesday that his phone was being tapped. The charge was denied by Home Minister T. Radhakrishnan.
Chandrasekheran was a CPI-M leader from Onchiyam near Kozhikode but left the party in 2008 and formed his own party.
- Notice against Kerala minister for alleged phone tapping - Jul 31, 2012
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Achuthanandan too wants CBI to probe former colleague's murder - Sep 06, 2012
- Kerala politician's killers identified: Police - May 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan speaks out against party - Jun 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Action sought against another CPI-M leader - Jun 26, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for ex-colleague's murder (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Slain Kerala leader's wife seeks CBI probe - Sep 04, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- Chandy rebuts Left claims of police torture in murder case - Jun 08, 2012
- No compromise in probe into Left leader's murder: Chandy - May 10, 2012
- CPI-M leader, four others held for Chandrasekharan murder - May 15, 2012
- CPI-M leader held for Kerala murder - May 16, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012
Tags: affidavit, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, false news, hired killers, home minister, industries minister, kareem, legislator, party leader, police officials, radhakrishnan, strict action