CPI-M real perpetrator of violence in West Bengal: CongressJune 12th, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) The Congress Friday said the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), which had alleged “semi-fascist” attacks on its cadres in West Bengal, has been the real perpetrator of unprecedented violence in the state for more than two decades.
“If at all violence has been perpetrated in West Bengal, it has been by the left party and the workers of the Congress and the Trinamool Congress (TMC) have been at the receiving end of the this violence,” Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters.
Tewari also said that CPI-M has not been able to come out of its “Stalinist mode of functioning”.
The CPI-M, in an editorial in the latest issue of its mouthpiece “People’s Democracy” had accused TMC leaders of misusing their central ministerial positions to “unleash politics of terror” in West Bengal.
Reacting to the assault by TMC activists on CPI-M supporters in Nandigram and Khejuri in West Bengal, the editorial said: “The supreme anti-democratic character of the TMC is fast unfolding, accompanied by murderous assaults on the CPI-M and the Left parties in West Bengal.”
“The TMC is seeking to misuse ministerial power to unleash its politics of terror and not to discharge responsibility in the service of the people of the country,” it said in the June 10 issue.
- CPI-M accuses Trinamool of unleashing 'politics of terror' - Jun 11, 2009
- CPI-M mouthpiece attacks Ray even after death - Nov 07, 2010
- West Bengal wakes up to first morning post Left Front government - May 14, 2011
- CPI-M sharpens attack on Trinamool Congress - Jan 14, 2010
- End violence in West Bengal, says CITU - May 27, 2011
- Left alleges post-poll attacks by Trinamool - May 15, 2011
- Trinamool-Maoist gangs killed 250 CPI-M activists: Karat - Aug 07, 2010
- Trinamool readying for violence: CPI-M - Jun 04, 2010
- After 34 years, a 'different' day in Bengal (Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Fresh violence erupts in Bengal, seven held - Nov 24, 2010
- Marxists face the heat at Durga Puja stalls - Oct 04, 2011
- Eschew violence, West Bengal governor urges parties - Oct 12, 2010
- Mamata trying to gag opposition: CPI-M - Feb 12, 2012
- Mamata government celebrating anniversary of misrule: CPI-M - May 20, 2012
- CPI-M, Congress question Mamata's felicitation of KKR (Lead) - May 30, 2012
Tags: activists, cadres, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, decades, democracy, democratic character, left parties, ministerial positions, mouthpiece, nandigram, New Delhi, perpetrator, spokesperson, terror, tmc, trinamool congress, unprecedented violence, west bengal