CPI-M protests activist’s murder in KeralaJuly 24th, 2008 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala), July 24 (IANS) The Communist Party of India - Marxist (CPI-M) has called for a shutdown in Kannur district’s Thalassery constituency and in adjoining Mahe town till 4 p.m. Thursday after a party worker was killed in political clashes Wednesday night. U.K. Salim, 32, was killed after he was attacked by workers of the National Democratic Front (NDF) following a dispute over writing graffiti, a police official in Kannur told IANS.
NDF is a right wing Muslim organisation in Kerala.
Another person who was seriously injured in the incident was admitted to a hospital in Thalassery.
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Shutdown in Kerala over CPI-M leader's arrest - Aug 02, 2012
- Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader's murder - Jul 14, 2012
- Will act if murder link proved: CPI-M - Jun 11, 2012
- No compromise in probe into Left leader's murder: Chandy - May 10, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Notice against Kerala minister for alleged phone tapping - Jul 31, 2012
- Action sought against another CPI-M leader - Jun 26, 2012
- Achuthanandan, three ministers out of Kerala poll fray (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- IPI condemns Marxists for newspaper blockade - Nov 04, 2011
- Kerala chief minister out of poll fray (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, constituency, CPI, graffiti, kannur district, mahe, muslim, national democratic front, ndf, police official, political clashes, protests, right wing, salim, thalassery, wednesday night