CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murderAugust 23rd, 2012 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala), Aug 23 (IANS) The CPI-M’s Kannur district secretary P.Jayarajan and party legislator T.V.Rajesh are among the 33 accused named in the charge sheet filed Friday in the IUML activist Abdul Shukoor murder case.
The charge sheet was filed in the court of Kannur chief judicial magistrate.
Shukoor, a 22-year-old activist of the youth wing of the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) in Kannur, was killed by Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) activists in public in February this year.
The first six accused include CPI-M youth wing activists, who had a direct role in the murder of Shukoor.
Jayarajan has been named the 32nd accused and is in judicial custody at the Kannur jail after being arrested on Aug 1.
Rajesh surrendered in court on Aug 13 after his anticipatory bail was rejected by the Kerala High Court. He was released Wednesday after the high court granted him bail.
According to the charge sheet, Shukoor was murdered because he was involved in an attack on Jayarajan and Rajesh while they were travelling in a vehicle.
Of the 33 accused, 30 - who include close to two dozen activists of the CPI-M and its affiliates - have been arrested.
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader denied bail in murder case - Aug 04, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Decision on arrested Kerala CPI-M leader's bail Saturday - Aug 03, 2012
- CPI(M) MLA Rajesh denied bail, Jayarajan's remand extended - Aug 14, 2012
- Kerala legislator gets bail in murder case - Aug 21, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Shutdown in Kerala over CPI-M leader's arrest - Aug 02, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- CBI files charge sheet in Kerala's Muthoot murder case - Dec 31, 2010
- Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keen - Jul 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: activist, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, district secretary, dozen activists, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, kannur district, kerala high court, legislator, murder case, muslim league, rajesh