CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: MamataOctober 23rd, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 23 (IANS) Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Saturday alleged that the ruling Marxists in West Bengal were killing innocent people in the name of Maoists and reiterated that the joint forces be withdrawn from insurgency-hit areas.
“The CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) cadres are killing innocent people and steering violence across the state. In Lalgarh and its adjoining areas, the CPI-M cadres are killing innocent people in the disguise of the Maoists,” Banerjee said at a rally here.
“They leave behind Maoist leaflets and posters beside the bodies. The CPI-M is killing in the name of Maoists,” she added.
The railway minister restated her demand of withdrawal of joint forces from the state and accused the CPI-M-led Left Front government of misusing and misleading the forces to achieve its own political agenda.
“We demand the withdrawal of joint forces. In the name of countering the Maoists, the CPI-M is misusing joint forces to strengthen its political base in those areas,” she said.
“The CPI-M is not even allowing mediapersons to enter Lalgarh and its adjoining areas as they are afraid that the onslaught they are ushering on the common people will come out in the open. The CPI-M is setting up armed camps in the name of joint operation,” she added.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
The central police forces, along with state police personnel, are conducting a joint operation in these districts to counter the Maoist menace.
- Lalgarh operations should be stopped, demands Mamata - Oct 14, 2009
- CPI-M terrorising people to remain in power: Mamata - Oct 23, 2010
- Trinamool ally calls for joint forces' withdrawal - Jul 06, 2011
- Mamata hints at unleashing joint forces against Maoists - Nov 04, 2011
- Mamata challenges Buddhadeb to fight polls from Lalgarh - Oct 30, 2010
- Trinamool claims two workers hurt by CPI-M men - Oct 13, 2010
- Mamata terms CPI-M 'cowards' - Oct 07, 2010
- Maoists should be thrown out of West Bengal: Buddhadeb - Oct 02, 2010
- Security forces to remain in Maoists-hit areas, says Pranab Mukherjee - Oct 31, 2010
- Mamata talks of resignation, then backtracks - Dec 23, 2010
- Lalgarh killings: Governor Narayanan to visit Netai village on Jan. 19 - Jan 14, 2011
- Mamata demands pull back of forces from Lalgarh - Sep 25, 2010
- Mamata lashes out at centre for Lalgarh operation - Jan 09, 2010
- CPI-M accuses Maoist sympathisers of fuelling violence - Feb 16, 2010
- CRPF to stay in Bengal till Maoists flushed out: Vijay Kumar (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,