CPI-M expresses ‘grave concern’ over Bengal law and orderAugust 14th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 14 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Tuesday expressed grave concern over the breach of peace and democratic principles in West Bengal, saying the tendency among the administration to play down such incidents was encouraging the assailants.
Enraged after the alleged attack on a top CPI-M leader in Bankura district, party state secretary Biman Bose said in a statement that atrocities committed by lumpen elements were going up and urged the peace-loving people to strongly protest against the “anarchy”.
Accusing the “Trinamool Congress-led miscreants” of attacking the car of CPI-M state secretariat member and Bankura district party secretary Amiya Patra in Taldangra over a dispute centring around a school management committee polls, Bose said: “It was a heinous plot hatched by the ruling party.”
“The gang of Trinamool miscreants surrounded him and damaged his car. They then kept him hostage in an adjacent village.”
Bose alleged that police were just “silent spectators” and made no effort to rescue him for a long time.
“It was in the evening that Patra finally managed to come out to a place of safety”.
“Democracy and peace have been endangered at the way such incidents of attacks are happening in various parts of the state, and the miscreants are running amok,” Bose said.
“Those in higher positions of the administration have the tendency to play down such incidents which is only complicating the situation and giving encouragement to miscreants”.
- Condemn Trinamool-Maoist nexus, CPI-M urges people - Jan 24, 2011
- Bengal Left Front to launch protests against price rise - Jan 24, 2011
- Former CPI-M legislator shot dead in West Bengal (Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Biman Bose may face suit - May 04, 2012
- Former CPI-M MP arrested in Nandigram case (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Large turnout amid sporadic violence in Bengal civic polls (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Left blames Trinamool (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Trinamool resorting to violence to stifle dissent: Left - Jun 04, 2012
- Left leaders meet PM, accuse Trinamool of 'reign of terror' - Aug 25, 2011
- Won't indulge in politics of vendetta: Mamata - Aug 28, 2011
- Biman mocks Mamata's car tours - Nov 12, 2011
- Bengal polls: Campaigning for fifth phase ends - May 05, 2011
- Two Trinamool supporters killed in West Bengal - Sep 09, 2010
- CPI-M leader questions Nandigram accused's induction - Mar 20, 2012
- Large voter turnout in Bengal by-polls - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,