CPI-M denies attack on Achuthanandan at party meetFebruary 9th, 2012 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 9 (IANS) Communist Party of India-Marxist politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan Thursday denied media reports that party delegates launched an attack on veteran comrade and former chief minister V.S. Achuthanandan at the ongoing state party conference here.
On the sidelines of the conference, Balakrishnan, home minister in the Achuthanandan government (2006-11), told the media persons that the CPI-M was not a party “where we target others in the party”.
“The media has got it all wrong, and the reports that appear in the media that a particular leader has been attacked are wrong. It is baseless,” said Balakrishnan.
For the past two days, there has been a flurry of media reports that Achuthanandan was attacked mercilessly by many of the party delegates.
The organisational report, a portion of which was telecast on TV news channels, showed Achuthanandan in poor light.
Party general secretary Prakash Karat told the conference that a portion of the report which has reference to Achuthanandan will be “frozen” and the politburo and the central committee will look into it before the upcoming party Congress scheduled to be held at Kozhikode.
- Media creation, says Vijayan of Achuthanandan letter - May 21, 2012
- Controversy over Jesus Christ needless: Karat - Feb 07, 2012
- Achuthanandan to defy party, government;go to Kudankulam - Sep 17, 2012
- Karat bats for Achuthanandan - Apr 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- Kerala ice cream parlour sex scandal case makes news - Jan 29, 2011
- Row over Jesus a conspiracy: Karat (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Kerala fumes over Chidambaram's Mullaperiyar dam statement - Dec 17, 2011
- CPI-M getting jittery over Kerala murder probe: Congress - May 21, 2012
Tags: balakrishnan, central committee, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, comrade, CPI, general secretary, home minister, media persons, news channels, organisational report, party congress, party delegates, politburo member, prakash karat, sidelines, thiruvananthapuram, tv news, v s achuthanandan