CPI-M covering up Kannur ‘bomb’ explosion: Vayalar RaviApril 29th, 2009 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, April 29 (IANS) Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi Wednesday said the ruling Left Front was covering up the Kannur “bomb blast involving the son of a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) legislator”.
Ravi denied the CPI-M allegation that the Congress incited trouble during the April 16 elections in Kannur district of Kerala.
“The CPI-M is a worried lot because of the bomb that went off, in which the son of CPI-M legislator P. Jayarajan got injured. They want to cover up that and for that they have dragged my name and that of Oommen Chandy (for violence in Kannur),” Ravi told reporters here.
CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan Tuesday accused Congress leaders, including Ravi, of conspiring to “create terror” in the Kannur district on the polling day April 16. He said the Congress “goons” tried to disrupt the voting.
Ashish P. Raj, Jayarajan’s son, and his friend were injured in an explosion April 16 evening at Patyam in the district. The two are in a hospital in Kozhikode. But the CPI-M said it was a fire cracker and not a bomb that injured the two.
“Yes, I did speak to police officials to inquire about what had happened. What is wrong in that and I will do it again when I come to know that my partymen have some difficulty. The CPI-M is trying to create a smoke screen to cover up the serious issue of the bomb blast, in which Jayarajan’s son is involved,” said Ravi.
- CPI-M demands case, probe against Congress MP - Jun 30, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Being targeted to tarnish party, says Kerala CPI-M leader - May 18, 2012
- Crucial five day Kerala CPI-M party meeting starts Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress MP ready to be quizzed by police, CPI-M leaders not keen - Jul 02, 2012
- Chandy to be on day-long fast to protest CPI-M violence - May 02, 2009
- Congress MP demands reprobe into 1994 Kerala firing - Oct 16, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- CPI-M not involved in former leader's murder: Achuthanandan - May 07, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Congress conspired to create terror, alleges CPI-M - Apr 28, 2009
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: allegation, bomb blast, bomb explosion, chandy, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leaders, CPI, fire cracker, goons, indian affairs, kochi, kozhikode, legislator, pinarayi vijayan, polling day, raj, ravi, smoke screen, state secretary