CPI-M congratulates Pranab, holds back support for nowJune 15th, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) The CPI-M Friday congratulated UPA’s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee but said it would take a decision on supporting him only after discussions with other Left parties.
“It is courtesy to extend congratulations. As far as support is concerned, we will have to discuss with the Left parties,” said Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Brinda Karat.
The Left meeting will be held Saturday, she said.
- Pranab Mukherjee is UPA's man for president (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Trinamool hits out at alleged Congress-Marxist axis - Jun 21, 2012
- Pranab calls Tripura CM for Left support - Jun 16, 2012
- CPI-M meet on president poll Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- CPI-M, Forward Bloc to back Pranab, CPI, RSP to skip poll (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Congress should answer why allies named Manmohan: Left - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress-Trinamool rift decided our stand: Karat - Jun 25, 2012
- Left parties divided over supporting Pranab - Jun 21, 2012
- Presidential poll: Rift in NDA, Left may support Congress (Third Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Pranab will win with more than 70 percent votes: Chidambaram - Jun 27, 2012
- Left parties to discuss stand over presidential poll - Jun 21, 2012
- Pranab telephones Buddhadeb for support in presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- CPI-M expels rebel member questioning support to Pranab - Jun 23, 2012
- Left to decide Thursday on presidential candidate - Jun 17, 2012
- Left says presidential candidate should be widely accepted - May 23, 2012