CPI-M asks cadres to behave during Kerala rallyJanuary 9th, 2009 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Jan 9 (IANS) The Communist Party of India - Marxist (CPI-M) has issued various directives to ensure that the massive rally to be held here Friday evening does not go the same way as an undisciplined rally held by the party in Kerala last year.The directives were issued in a circular by the Ernakulam CPI-M district committee Thursday. It asked the cadres to see that no one enters the rally under the influence of liquor.
The circular also said that slogans to be chanted by the cadres should be typed and shouted unanimously during the rally.
The rally is being held in connection with a three-day central committee meeting that began here Thursday.
About 200,000 party cadres are expected to participate in the public meeting to be held at Marine Drive. Several CPI-M ministers and politburo members will also take part.
Elaborate arrangements have been made by the CPI-M to ensure that the rally passes off in a decent manner unlike the rally which took place after the conclusion of the state party conference at Kottayam last year.
During the last rally, a large number of the cadres arrived in an inebriated condition. Also, empty liquor bottles were thrown on the dais while Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan was addressing the gathering.
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- Chennithala takes potshots at CPI-M - Jan 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- No role to play in Achuthanandan issue, says Karat - Mar 25, 2011
- CPI-M expels senior leader in Kerala - Jun 24, 2012
- CPI-M politburo resolution on dam faulty, says Achuthanandan - Dec 02, 2011
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- CPI-M denies attack on Achuthanandan at party meet - Feb 09, 2012
- CPI-M expels 570 cadres in Tripura - Jan 15, 2012
- Kerala seeks new dam, protests erupt against Tamil Nadu - Nov 28, 2011
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Karat bats for Achuthanandan - Apr 10, 2012
- Crucial CPI-M politburo, central committee meetings from Tuesday - Jan 16, 2012