CPI-M activist killed in West BengalMay 9th, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 9 (IANS) A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) activist was shot dead Friday at a political rally in West Midnapore district of West Bengal. The incident took place at Adhariaya village.
“CPI-M activists had taken out a cycle rally to campaign for the panchayat polls starting Sunday. Around 12.30 p.m. some people started firing at them. An activist Ananta died on spot. After that the criminals fled,” West Midnapore Police Superintendent R. Rajshekharan told IANS.
“We have not been able to identify them. But I don’t think they are Maoists. We suspect they are hired shooters from Jharkhand,” he said.
- CPI-M activist killed by Maoists in Bengal - Sep 22, 2010
- Maoists kill former CPI-M activist - Apr 04, 2011
- Maoists kill three CPI-M activists (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Body of CPI-M activist found - Nov 21, 2010
- Maoists kill CPI-M leader in West Bengal - Oct 20, 2010
- Maoists kill two women in Bengal - Mar 26, 2011
- Trinamool holds rally with supporter's corpse - Dec 20, 2010
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters in Bengal - Nov 22, 2010
- Maoists kill CPI-M worker in West Bengal - Feb 19, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill four in West Bengal - Dec 25, 2010
- CPI-M leaders' houses torched in Bengal's West Midnapore - Jun 16, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- Trinamool claims two workers hurt by CPI-M men - Oct 13, 2010
- CPI-M supporter killed - Jul 08, 2010
- Maoists kill former CPI-M supporter in Bengal - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: activist, activists, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, criminals, jharkhand, kolkata, maoists, midnapore district, police superintendent, political rally, polls, shooters, west bengal