Court seeks police report on KejriwalAugust 13th, 2012 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday sought an action taken report on a plea seeking to lodge a complaint against Anna Hazare aide Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly making defamatory remarks against President Pranab Mukherjee.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ambika Singh asked police to file action taken report by Sep 3 on the complaint of Rajiv Khosla.
Khosla alleged that Anna aide and India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal levelled abusive and frivolous allegations against Mukherjee during their recent demonstration on Janlokpal Bill.
“It is pertinent to mention here that the said statement made by one of the IAC members was … an initiation of baseless, abusive, defamatory, malafide and frivolous allegations against the president,” said Khosla, in his plea filed through advocate Gaurav Kumar Bansal.
Khosla said Team Anna members Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai started their demonstration July 25, the same day when Mukherjee was sworn-in as president.
He told the court that the IAC members during their demonstration distributed pamphlets that contained corruption charges against the president.
- Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations 'unfair' - Jun 18, 2012
- Team Anna volunteers gear up for fast - Jul 23, 2012
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Fasting Team Anna members see sugar levels drop, supporter falls sick - Jul 26, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast Friday - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna launches fast, targets Pranab, PM (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sit-in outside Kejriwal's home - Oct 15, 2011
- Kiran Bedi skips IAC protest rally - Aug 26, 2012
- Court seeks police reply on plea against Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Agitation should have targeted PM, says Bedi as rift rumours deepen (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Anna discusses party formation - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: advocate, allegations, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bansal, corruption charges, defamatory remarks, delhi court, demonstration, gaurav, gopal rai, initiation, magistrate, malafide, New Delhi, pamphlets, plea, police report, pranab mukherjee, rajiv khosla