Court seeks case diary in Kerala sex scandal caseSeptember 5th, 2011 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Sep 5 (IANS) The Kerala High Court Monday asked the state police to submit the case diary in the investigation into the two-decade-old Kozhikode sex scandal case involving state minister P.K. Kunhalikutty.
The court served notices to the state government and the director general of police. It ordered the police to produce the case diary on Sep 22.
Leader of Opposition V.S. Achuthanandan had Friday filed a petition in the high court, seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the case.
Achuthanandan’s petition contended that only the CBI can come out with the truth based on several new revelations made by Kunhalikutty’s relative K.A. Rauf on how the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader managed to escape the law by allegedly influencing the judiciary.
The case of sexual abuse of a minor girl, which involves Kunhalikutty, now the state industry minister, was closed by the court in 2006.
In January, Achuthanandan, the then chief minister, ordered a fresh inquiry in the case.
On Friday, Supreme Court lawyer Ravindra Sachar, appearing for Achuthanandan, argued that it had been almost seven months since the Marxist leader had ordered an inquiry, but the investigations had not reached anywhere.
The government counsel said that so far 81 witnesses have been examined in the case.
- Achuthanandan seeks CBI probe in sex scandal case - Sep 02, 2011
- Kerala sex scandal case: Police get a month to finish probe - Dec 22, 2011
- Achuthanandan worried due to son's case: Kunhalikutty - Sep 03, 2011
- Achuthanandan's fears unfounded in sex case probe: High court - Nov 23, 2011
- Sex scandal: Achuthanandan's plea for CBI probe dismissed - Sep 27, 2011
- Sex case probe: Achuthanandan told to appear in court - Jun 19, 2012
- Court dismisses Achuthanandan plea for sex probe report - May 02, 2012
- Court views Achuthananandan's petition on sex scandal seriously - Sep 23, 2011
- Former judge quizzed in Kerala sex scandal case - May 08, 2011
- An ice cream in Kerala that's frozen in time (Kerala Newsletter) - Jul 07, 2012
- Ice cream parlour sex case is Kerala poll issue - Apr 12, 2011
- Kerala orders reinvestigation of sex scandal case - Feb 03, 2011
- Sympathy vote helped IUML come back to power in Kerala: Kunhalikutty - Jun 14, 2011
- Two judges helped Kunhalikutty in sex scandal case, alleges relative - Feb 01, 2011
- Kerala Left front hits back at opposition with Kozhikode sex case - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: case diary, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, government counsel, industry minister, iuml, kerala high court, kunhalikutty, leader of opposition, marxist leader, muslim league, new revelations, ravindra, seven months, sex scandal, state minister, state police, supreme court lawyer, v s achuthanandan