Court reserves order on lodging case against DigvijayMarch 23rd, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) A Delhi court Friday reserved its order on registering a case against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh for allegedly assaulting a man, who had tried to attack party spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Theraja reserved his order for April 3 after hearing the submission made by complainant Sushil Kumar Sharma seeking filing of a criminal case against the Congress general secretary.
“Heard arguments made by the counsel for complainant. Put up for order on April 3, 2012,” said the magistrate.
Sharma told the court that he was beaten by Singh and others in a press conference June 6, 2011 at the Congress office after Sharma had allegedly tried to attack Dwivedi with a shoe.
His counsel, Advocate Mohit Saroha told the court that Sharma hailed from Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district and had come to meet Mukul Wasnik, a union minister and party affairs in-charge for Rajasthan, to lodge a complaint about the bad state of roads in his district.”
Sharma was later arrested by police.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Court seeks proof on plea against Digvijay Singh - Apr 03, 2012
- Court dismisses case against Digvijay Singh - Apr 26, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Renuka, Alvi appointed Congress spokespersons - Aug 05, 2011
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- Kaiser new Congress chief in Bihar - Jun 02, 2010
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- Sonia rejigs Congress Working Committee (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress, Russia's ruling party to exchange experiences - May 28, 2012
- Detention, assault of two men being probed, court told - Mar 06, 2012
- Probe bribe-giving case against officials: Court - Sep 03, 2012
- Ruling reserved on plea against Mumbai Congress chief - Sep 29, 2011
- Shoe attack pre-planned, shows RSS, BJP's desperation: Congress (Third Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Rajasekhara Reddy's widow withdraws plea from apex court - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: akk, asian news, complainant, congress leader, congress office, court reserves, criminal case, delhi court, dg, digvijay singh, general secretary, indo, jhunjhunu, magistrate, mohit, party affairs, party spokesperson, sushil kumar, union minister, vd