Court reserves decision on new power tariff in DelhiMarch 8th, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday reserved its judgment on the release of a new tariff order of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) for financial year 2010-11.
The bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said: “The judgment is reserved.”
The order came while hearing a public interest litigation filed by Nand Kishore Garg against the non-issuance of the tariff order.
The bench pulled up the Delhi government for its interference in the functioning of the DERC, a quasi-judicial panel.
It also questioned how the government could ask the DERC not to issue the tariff order.
“Your (government’s) interdiction was very bad. You have given rise to such a situation where a problem like this arises,” said the judges.
In another related case, the court deferred the hearing on the plea by the United Residents Welfare Associations Joint Action to April 5.
The petitioner has sought a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into alleged financial irregularities by private power distribution companies and auditing of their accounts by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
The bench earlier pulled up the Delhi government and the DERC after perusing a file relating to the appointment of members of the electricity regulator. “It is not a happy state of affairs,” it said.
- Court raps Delhi government, power regulator - Jan 26, 2011
- Delhi government rapped for interfering in power tariff - Feb 18, 2011
- Court gives go-ahead for fresh power tariff in Delhi - May 23, 2011
- Court questions delay in naming Delhi power regulator chief - Jan 21, 2011
- Court moved on Delhi's power tariff - Jan 14, 2011
- Government withdraws direction to DERC on power tariff - Feb 11, 2011
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Government backs decision on minority status to Jamia - Sep 20, 2011
- Court tells Delhi power regulator to notify tariff hike - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi electricity regulator asked to spell out 2010-11 tariff - Sep 09, 2010
- Court notice to Delhi power regulator over tariff - Apr 24, 2012
- Jamia to continue with its minority status: High Court - May 18, 2011
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- Government asked to finalise policy on ex-judges' advice - Feb 29, 2012
- Order reserved on recording court hearings - Jul 06, 2011
Tags: central bureau of investigation, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, court reserves, delhi electricity regulatory commission, delhi government, delhi high court, derc, dipak, electricity regulator, electricity regulatory commission, financial irregularities, garg, judicial panel, misra, power distribution companies, power tariff, private power, public interest litigation, sanjiv