Court reserves decision in legislators’ caseDecember 17th, 2010 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 17 (IANS) The Punjab and Haryana High Court here Friday reserved its decision in a case pertaining to the disqualification of five Haryana legislators.The decision was reserved by Justice Ajay Tiwari, who heard the case for the first time.
The legislators had defected from the Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) and joined the ruling Congress in Haryana last year.
The HJC filed a petition in the high court saying that Haryana assembly Speaker Harmohinder Singh Chatha was dragging his feet on a plea seeking disqualification of the five legislators.
Justice Permod Kohli had created a sensation in the court last month by withdrawing himself from the case, saying the lawmakers did not know how to behave with the court.
- Judge withdraws from Haryana lawmakers' case - Nov 17, 2010
- Defecting Haryana legislators, speaker given 6 weeks to reply - Sep 01, 2010
- Haryana speaker asked to decide on defectors within 4 months - Dec 20, 2010
- High court notice to Haryana's defector legislators - Aug 11, 2010
- Defectors, independents, dissidents - all part of Hooda government - Feb 13, 2011
- Haryana's defector legislators object to hearing - Feb 04, 2011
- Supreme Court breather for 5 HJC legislators - Jan 04, 2012
- Supreme Court breather for five Haryana legislators (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Bishnoi to boycott Haryana assembly session - Sep 07, 2010
- Court declares five Haryana lawmakers as unattached (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Bishnoi wants 'defector' HJC legislators unseated - Dec 09, 2009
- Four HJC lawmakers join Congress in Haryana, one more to join (Intro Roundup) - Nov 10, 2009
- Hooda expands ministry, includes HJC defectors - Jan 28, 2011
- Four HJC lawmakers join Congress in Haryana (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2009
- INLD demands probe into legislators switching sides - Nov 20, 2009