Court releases Lalu Prasad’s passportMay 5th, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, May 5 (IANS) Railway Minister Lalu Prasad can go on his official tour of two countries from May 11. A special court ordered the release of his passport Monday. Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court judge Sanjay Prasad ordered the release of the minister’s passport.
The railway minister had filed a petition in the last week of April seeking release of his passport.
According to Prabhat Kumar, the lawyer of Lalu Prasad, the minister is scheduled to go to Singapore and Malaysia from May 11 on an official visit. He will return on May 18.
“After returning from the visit, Lalu Prasad will have to submit the passport to court,” he said.
Kumar said: “Lalu Prasad had submitted his passport for the first time in 1997 in a fodder scam case. The CBI court has released his passport three times earlier for him to visit foreign countries.”
Lalu Prasad is accused in five cases in the multi million rupee fodder scam. He was sent to judicial custody three times. The trial is going on in a special CBI court in Jharkhand capital Ranchi.
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012
- Fodder scam: Key facts - Jan 31, 2012
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- Fodder scam: 34 get 1 to 6 years - May 05, 2012
- 4 to 7 years' jail for 40 convicted in fodder scam case - May 07, 2012
- Charges framed against Lalu, Mishra in fodder scam (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Fodder scam: 64 convicts get jail terms in one case (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 26 get 1-5 years' jail terms for fodder scam - Feb 02, 2012
- Ranchi court convicts 64 in fodder scam - Jan 31, 2012
- 61 convicted in fodder scam case - Jan 16, 2012
- 64 people sentenced in fodder scam (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Fodder scam case: Lalu to appear in court Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
Tags: cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court judge, fodder scam case, foreign countries, judicial custody, lalu prasad, lawyer, passport, petition, railway minister, rupee, sanjay prasad, singapore, three times