Court rejects Janardhana Reddy’s interim bail pleaDecember 30th, 2011 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 30 (IANS) A special court here Friday rejected the petition of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy for rwo days’ interim bail to attend his mother’s death anniversary ceremony at Bellary.
The mining baron, a key accused in the illegal mining case, wanted the special court dealing with the CBI cases to send him to Bellary with police escort so that he can attend the rituals and related charity programmes Dec 31 and Jan 1.
Judge Naga Murthy Sarma, however, rejected the petition for the escort bail.
The CBI counsel told the court that the accused might misuse his temporary liberty, intimidate the witnesses and influence the investigations.
The investigating agency brought to the court’s notice that the former minister’s supporters erected his huge cut-outs in Bellary and kept hundreds of vehicles ready to welcome him even before the court granted him bail.
CBI counsel also claimed that Janardhana Reddy is in possession of several fake passports and he could even flee the country. He argued that Janardhana Reddy being the younger son need not be present at the ceremony.
The special court posted to Jan 5 the hearing on the fourth bail petitions of Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law B.V. Srinivasa Reddy.
The court has dismissed three bail petitions of the mining baron and his brother-in-law since they were arrested by the CBI on Sep 5. They are currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
The arrests were made in connection with the 2009 case registered by the CBI against Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) owned by Janardhana Reddy for illegal iron ore mining in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. Srinivasa Reddy is the managing director of the firm.
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea rejected again - Nov 17, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea dismissed yet again - Jan 31, 2012
- Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extended - Jan 25, 2012
- Verdict on Janardhana Reddy's bail plea Dec 28 - Dec 23, 2011
- CBI grills Reddys in illegal mining case - Sep 16, 2011
- Court again declines bail to Janardhana Reddy - Sep 30, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's custody extended till Oct 31 - Oct 17, 2011
- Janardhan Reddy gets bail in mining case in Andhra (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- CBI steps up probe into illegal mining - Sep 15, 2011
- Andhra high court cancels ex-official's bail in mining case - Dec 26, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea to be heard Thursday - Sep 07, 2011
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- Hearing on Janardhana Reddy's bail plea after a week (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Hearing on Janardhana Reddy's bail plea adjourned - Nov 08, 2011
- Hearing on plea for Janardhana Reddy's CBI custody put off - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, anniversary ceremony, bail plea, cbi, central jail, cut outs, death anniversary, fake passports, investigating agency, iron ore mining, karnataka minister, mining company, murthy, naga, petitions, police escort, rituals, sarma, srinivasa, younger son